Knoydart Foundation – Deer Management 2020
Stalking Booking Terms & Conditions
- A provisional reservation can be made through our website. Your reservation will then be confirmed, or otherwise, by email and must then be followed up by payment in full within 7 days as confirmation. If no payment is received within 7 days, then the reservation will be deleted.
2. Payment should be made through our online booking system, by card over the telephone or by sterling (UK pounds) cheque, payable to Knoydart Foundation and forwarded to the Knoydart Foundation Office, Inverie, Knoydart by Mallaig, Inverness-shire PH41 4PL.
Customers paying by sterling (UK pounds) cheque can pay direct into the following account: – Bank of Scotland, Mallaig Branch, Branch Code 80-08-94, Account Number 00379053. Note – all bank fees and transfer charges are in addition to the amount charged, and should be borne by you.
If preferred, international customers can transfer payment to the bank details above using the following international banking information BIC no: BOFSGB21084; IBAN no: GB68 BOFS 8008 94003790 53) Note – all fees and transfer charges are in addition to the amount charged and should be borne by you.
- If for any reason we are due you a refund at the end of your stay, we will pay that amount by bank transfer, with all bank charges to be borne by you.
4. If a stag other than that selected by the stalker is shot, the trophy (antlers) will be retained by the Knoydart Foundation.
5. Packaging and transportation of trophies (stag heads/antlers) is wholly the guests responsibility, and should be planned for prior to stalking.
6. All venison is retained by the Knoydart Foundation.
7. If using their own rifle, Guests will be responsible for ensuring that they have a valid firearms certificate, visitor’s firearms permits (where necessary) and third party insurance. Guests will also be responsible for ensuring they comply with the requirements of all firearm regulations and that their rifles and ammunition comply with UK legislation for culling deer and that provision is made for the safe storage and transportation of firearms.
Use of guests’ own rifles will be at the stalker’s discretion, dependent upon the suitability of the rifle and calibre for our stalking conditions, as well as being safe, well maintained and able to hold zero.
At any point in the stalk, the stalker may take over use of the rifle and shooting if it is deemed necessary.
8. Any rifles used must be fitted with a sound moderator, in order to protect the hearing of both staff and guests.
9. Extreme weather conditions can occasionally prevent stalking on a particular day Should the day be cancelled by us, then no charge will be levied. Should the day be cancelled by you, then payment in full will be retained by us.
10. Whilst we will always aim to fulfil our guests’ expectations, we are dealing with wild animals in remote, rough terrain. Safety of all our guests is of primary importance to us, and we reserve the right to amend plans due to local conditions or unforeseen circumstances. Please note that the stalker’s decision is final with regard to areas to be stalked, routes taken, selection of animal to be shot and at what stage of the day to finish stalking.
11. In the event of cancellation by Knoydart Foundation, all monies paid by you to us will be refunded. No additional payment, whether as compensation or otherwise, will be payable by Knoydart Foundation, in respect of our cancellation.
12. Should you cancel your booking 2 calendar months or more before your arrival date, your payment will be refunded to you less an £80 administration fee. In the event of cancellation by yourselves within 2 calendar months of your arrival date, your payment will not be refundable unless we can replace your booking. If a replacement booking is made, the equivalent amount from your payment will be refunded less an £80 administration fee.
13. Stalking on the Knoydart Estate involves walking on rough and steep terrain, often at high levels. Guests are expected to help with the dragging of carcasses and should be physically fit. If you have any concerns about this, please call the office.
14. Knoydart Foundation accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to your personal goods, or for your personal accident or injury, nor do we accept responsibility for any loss or injury resulting from any act or omission by third parties or persons beyond our control. Guests are advised to obtain adequate insurance against personal loss and injury before travelling. We also recommend that you purchase insurance against possible cancellation by you of your holiday.
15. Please ensure that all members of the party are aware of, and agree to, the Terms & Conditions.
16. If the stag is wounded, the stalker may take over shooting.
17. After the first shot, the stalker may take over shooting