TELEPHONE NUMBER – 01687 462163 EMAIL –email@example.com
The Knoydart Foundation Bunkhouse located approximately half a mile south east of the centre of Inverie village, and there are 3 bedrooms sleeping 11, 8 & 7 (sorry – individual rooms cannot be reserved). There is a well equipped kitchen including a freezer, 4 fridges & a microwave, a drying room, a light and airy dining room, a laundry and a cosy sitting room with a woodburning stove. We have community broadband Wifi (in selected areas of the Bunkhouse), and a cd/dvd/video player and a good selection of books and games as well as DVDs and videos(!) in the lounge. ALL BEDDING PROVIDED, and the Bunkhouse also has a public internet phone for outgoing calls. Towels available for donation. Fiona, the Bunkhouse warden, will give you a warm welcome and ensure that you are well looked after.
we run on Knoydart’s own green hydro power
we provide recycling and composting facilities for guests
we keep our Bunkhouse clean using eco-friendly cleaning products
[Please be aware that whilst our hydro system is very reliable, unplanned shut-downs can occur on rare occasions, preventing the supply of electricity unexpectedly.]
The Bunkhouse is a community enterprise which re-invests in itself to sustain the business and gifts back to the Knoydart Foundation any surplus income, which is then re-invested in other projects for the wider benefit of the community. Your stay with us benefits everyone!
Rates for 2019 from 1 March (ALL BEDDING INCLUDED IN PRICE):
Individual Bookings (up to 5 people)
- £20 per person per night
- £12 per night for under 16s
- 25% non-refundable deposit required within 21 days of placing booking
- Balance payable 2 weeks before arrival date
Group Bookings (6+ people)
- Prices as above
- 25% Non-refundable deposit required within 21 days of placing booking
- Balance payable 6 weeks before arrival date
- The bunkhouse sleeps 26 people, and can be block booked
- £440 per night
- 25% Non-refundable deposit for block bookings with balance paid 6 weeks before arrival
- NO block booking discount during Easter or May, nor at New Year (30th December through to 2nd January), just book as many spaces as required
Please read the terms and conditions if making a booking.
Contact us for special rates for school, youth, Scouts and Duke of Edinburgh’s Award groups.
- We have LIMITED USE of a vehicle and with prior arrangement it may be at times possible to collect your luggage.
- Please note there is a flat rate charge of £25 per run for this service.
- Note: Guests still have to walk! Also bear in mind that we are mindful of pollution, increased traffic and wear & tear on the road, so please only request a vehicle if you need to. Weekends at Bunkhouse discretion.
- Bring a torch – Knoydart has no street lamps and is very dark on a moonless night!
- Flip flops or similar are useful for nipping around the Bunkhouse – sometimes you have to exit one area to enter another.
We recommend booking in advance to make sure a bed is available. Please note: We often get requests for the booking of a specific room and in the past we have tried to accommodate this, but have found that it leads to too many problems and, in some cases, disappointments. Because of this we will no longer be taking bookings for individual rooms. Apologies, but we feel this is the only way we can be fair to everyone.
If you are interested in making a booking or would like to discuss any requirements you may have, please phone 01687 462163, email bunkhouse(at)knoydart.org or use the booking enquiry form below.