We’re excited to let folks know that we have a new position available within the Knoydart Foundation. We’re looking for a Project Officer to take on some transformational projects for us.
Job Title: Project Officer
Hours: 35 Hours Per Week
Salary: £24340 p.a.
(21 days paid leave per annum plus 10 public holidays FTE).
Location: Flexible Home working (within reasonable travelling distance to Knoydart for regular meetings
Term: 2 years fixed term – with option to extend pending additional funding
Probation: 3 months
Closing Date: 10 June 2022
Interview Date: TBC
What is the role?
We’re looking for a Project Officer to join our team to manage a small number of projects key to the further development of the Knoydart Foundation and the community on Knoydart.
This is a new post that will contribute hugely to the future sustainability of the community on Knoydart and will help in achieving it’s goal of attaining a sustainable model based on biodiversity, climate change and community.
The Project Officer will initially take charge of three projects.
- Affordable Housing – this early stage project is about to go to design and tender. You will work closely with the Communities Housing Trust.
- Worker Accommodation – this project is in at the planning permission stage.
- Redevelopment of Bunkhouse – this project has not started and you will be involved in drawing up the project scope then moving forwards.
While it is not necessary that you live on Knoydart, or are willing to move to Knoydart, you should be able to commute regularly for meetings and as required by the projects.
You will be part of the management team for the Knoydart Foundation. While not directly responsible for staff, you will be responsible for suppliers and contractors. You will report directly to the board and will be line managed by a designated director.
Other Objectives of the Post
- To ensure the smooth running of projects allocated to your case load.
- To provide regular accurate reports to the board.
- To identify, apply for and receive adequate grant funding to support the projects and future sustainability of the role.
- To provide written project plans for all projects.
- Define the objectives of each project, it’s purpose and scope.
- Work with key stakeholders to create a project plan focused on attaining the goals of each project.
- Execute the work plan to achieve the project plan objectives.
- Monitor and control processes to ensure projects run to plan.
- Close each project and assess against objectives.
- Maintain accurate updating of project management system.
- Accurate and informative monthly reporting.
- Daily interaction with suppliers, funders, colleagues and community members.