Ranger Walks, Tours & Events
get the inside track on knoydart
How to Book
Select a Date from the Calendar.
Tours and Walks that are available will show up on the calendar in Green.
Click on Book Now on the tour you want to book.
Date not available?
If a date isn't available for a PUBLIC TOUR then you can book a PRIVATE WALK or TOUR.
Walks & Tours
Some of our most popular activities are the ranger guided walks, tours and events.
There really is nothing better than getting the inside track on Knoydart, its flora and fauna and its history.
Book online for public and private options!
Walks and tours cover the length and breadth of Knoydart, from the south east right round to the north west of the peninsula. The length of these can be as short as a few minutes or as long as all day.
Stop frequently to observe and appreciate plants, fungi, wildlife and scenery. Activities may include foraging, birding, and wildlife tracking. Search for eagles, deer, highland cows, pine martens, weasels, otters, badgers, deer, frogs, toads, slow worms, lizards, butterflies, beetles, oyster catchers, herons and much more! Discover the fascinating natural and cultural heritage of this wild place.
Our professional guides provide immersive experiences that are fun for the whole family!
"This was the highlight of our stay on Knoydart. Thank you for a wonderful experience." F Johnson
- Walk around Inverie taking in the natural & cultural heritage.
- Look for lizards, marine wildlife and edible seaweed at Cable Bay.
- Wander Gleann an Dubh-Lochain to see higland coos & red deer.
- Travel into the heart of Knoydart in a Land Rover & visit Folach Falls.
- and much more.
These walks and tours really bring Knoydart to life for our visitors and come highly recommended.
There are lots of different opportunities throughout the year to take part in events and activities on Knoydart via the Knoydart Foundation Ranger Service.
There's a large variety to choose from and something for everyone, no matter their age or what they can afford. Many events that the Ranger hosts are FREE to children and most are based on donations.
Events can take the form of walks, tours, sit down craft sessions, knowledge sharing and experiences with other carefully chosen partners.
- Identify wild edible plants, fungi or seaweed on a foraging walk
- Collect wildlife observations as a citizen scientist
- Regenerate woodland by harvesting seed and planting trees
- Gather around the campfire, sing songs and share stories
- Investigate ancient archaeological sites
- Fish off the pier or in a loch
- View the milky way on astronomy night
- Sculpt a masterpiece out of sand
- Assist the community with litter pick up and much more!
Your Donations Make a HUGE Impact
Knoydart Foundation, Knoydart Trading Ltd and Knoydart Renewables - Foundation Office - Inverie - Knoydart - PH41 4PL Registered in Scotland SC171248 Charity Limited by Guarantee SC026246 All content on this website is copyright of the Knoydart Foundation.